Danny's Passing

We are very saddened to say that on the evening of March 22, 2009 Danny Carlson passed away due to a massive stroke. All indications are that he died quickly, with very little suffering.

Danny is an amazing person who touched many people's lives. We want this website to help connect all the incredible people in Danny's life, to share information with you on how we plan to honor him, and provide a place for us all to share thoughts, prayers and memories of Danny.

The memorial service was held on Saturday, March 28th in Colorado near Danny's home town. You can share stories about Danny here.

Friday, April 3, 2009

Memories of Danny

I met Danny about 5 years ago when I started dating Brian. He was an intense person, with a unique personality that grew on me. I always knew that Danny thought of me as an individual, as Leah, not just Brian's girlfriend. He drew me in (as I'm sure he did many others) and I drew him in in return. He made it impossible to hold him at a distance. We had a lot of great times of the few short years that I've known him. Although, I think he and Brian made me age double time when they got together.


This is a cigarette tin that Danny got while we were in Mexico. He left one night saying he was going into Playa del Carmen alone. Brian asked him to stay with us (knowing full well that no amount of convincing would make him change his mind). I know it can be difficult to imagine Danny being stubborn.



Danny arrived back at the resort early the next morning as we were waking up. He told us he went to a bar and was hanging out with this band that was playing there. They were short a member so he sat in and played with the band (badly he noted). He spent the night talking with them and other people he met. One of the band members gave Danny the rest of his cigarettes that came in this tin with the beautiful graphic on it. He left it sitting on one of the dressers as we were checking out so I grabbed it for him and packed it in one of my bags.


We had an amazing time in Mexico, the three of us, one that I will never forget. Trips like these will never be the same without him. I love him and I miss him terribly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please make sure to sign your name at the bottom of your comment so that we can know all the wonderful people who visited and shared.